Last Updated on March 24, 2023 by Faisal Khan
While a lot of time is spent on selecting an engagement ring for the bride, the selection of the men’s wedding rings is often overlooked in the entire shopping and wedding planning process. When this is about choosing his wedding ring, the choices are many, and several people find it overwhelming to choose the best one.
If you are in a similar condition, read on to get the right guidance. Since you will wear the men’s wedding band forthe remaining part of your life, your wedding ring should reflect your personality correctly. You should follow the below checklist while finalizing your diamond fashion ring.
1. Setting up A Budget
Depending on the metal, style, and finish of the men’s fashion ring that you choose, there are many men’s wedding band styles available at different price points. A wedding band for men is a crucial investment; your budget will decide how good a ring you can purchase. There is no such set rule for any specific budget that you should ideally spend on your wedding ring. The most crucial factor is that you should be comfortable wearing the same, which should complement your personality.
2. Choosing A Style
Although some people perceive that shopping for men’s wedding bands is a straightforward procedure, this turns out to be tricky at times. The various kinds of men’s bands available in the market can overwhelm you when buying. To simplify this process, you can first decide if you want to go for a classic, curved, diamond or gemstone wedding band. Only you decide the category, it will be easier for you to choose one finally.
3. Deciding on the Shape
You can now decide on the shape of the wedding ring that you want to choose. These can be of the following types:
- Classic – The commonest shape of the wedding band for men is the classic shape. This is rounded inside and has a timeless look, and is comfortable to wear.
- Flat – The flat wedding bands come with a flat or rounded exterior. The style is very contemporary and is becoming increasingly popular in the present era.
- Domed – The D-shaped or Domed-shaped men’s wedding bands are flat inside and rounded outside. This fits on the finger very well.
- Knife-edge – This ring features like a knife-edge and is considered one of the most contemporary styles. The outer edge is “V” shaped.
- Beveled – This wedding ring is flat and domed in shape. This ring features three facets, and the facets are little rounded towards the edge for maximum comfort of the users.
- Coin – This particular design has a grooved pattern that continues throughout the complete edge of the men’s wedding ring.
4. Selecting the metal for the ring
You can choose from any of the metals from the below list for your wedding ring:
- Platinum – This metal is usually considered one of the most durable and the rarest elements in the earth’s crust. This can be an ideal metal for your wedding ring and is resistant to abrasion.
- White gold – This is metal that is gold plated with rhodium. Rhodium is one of the platinum family members, providing an excellent white color similar to platinum at a lower price.
- Yellow gold – This is a classic choice of metal and gives off the much-desired warm and subtle glow. This metal is naturally yellow in color.
- Palladium – This is a lesser common metal and resembles platinum. This can be a good choice of metal for your wedding band.