The number of mobile app users is growing every year. As a result, the number of apps downloaded is also rising. Thus, developing a mobile app for your business is extremely important. Nevertheless, it is certainly great to find a lot of people downloading your apps. But does that mean a higher retention rate? Probably not. Besides, just having your app downloaded won’t help your business grow. Your app should also retain users.
Only an effective app can have a higher retention rate, and without an appropriate mobile app development process, you’ll never achieve this.
Important factors to consider at the pre-planning stage
Before you start strategizing the development of your mobile app, you should spend time pre-planning the project. Well, consider the following points:
- Know who are your competitors.
- Simplify and organize the entire process of app development process.
- Understand your budget.
- Understand the goal of the app.
- Identify your target market.
Steps to take at the pre-planning stage
Pre-planning involves several steps that should not be overlooked. The Following are the steps that are part of the pre-planning stage.
- Have a clear idea about your app: You should have a clear idea about the purpose of developing a mobile app. During this step, you must first determine if the app can help you achieve your business objective. In simple terms, the definition of the app should be clear to you.
- Who are you trying to reach: This step helps you identify your target market. You must know the people you are trying to reach. Then you will be able to identify the problems and solutions they are seeking. In this way, you can determine if the end-user will at all find your app useful.
- Find out the alternative apps: Before you launch your app in the market, find out people using similar apps. Get the feedback of the app users to know how that app is helping the users. This will help you decide what your app can offer that these existing apps can’t.
- Does it fit your budget: Before you start developing your mobile app you must not skip this vital step. You need to understand if you can afford the entire process of mobile app development. Once you start the process, it becomes difficult to rearrange your funding. Make a clear plan of your spending. Also, after you have a clear picture of the budget, you can work on the app development process.
Mobile app development process: In details
To develop an effective mobile app, you need to follow some important steps. Below are the points in details
- Stage 1: Develop a strategy: In the pre-planning stage you get a chance to understand your entire target market. Therefore, you should understand the concerns of your target audience. Why? Because similar apps have failed to resolve those issues. So what’s next? As a result of this information, you can strategize on how your app will help solve their problems. Now you can develop a detailed plan to develop your mobile app. Once you have established a plan, you can hire a company that offers app development services in India.
- Stage 2: Work on the design: The second stage begins with planning a wireframe. By planning a wireframe, you get a layout of the entire structure of the app. Moreover, you get an overview of how all the components of an app are connected. Besides, you must work on the User Interface (UI) and the User Experience(UX). Therefore, the designers and developers should work together to design the app according to its needs. The purpose of this stage is to prepare a design that is simple, attractive, and useful. In the end, you want to make navigating your website as easy as possible for your users.
- Stage 3: Development of the app: This stage is vital as you need to make vital decisions. Firstly, the technology stack you are going to use. Secondly, you need to find a leading mobile app development company to help you develop this app.
Most importantly, make sure you choose the latest technology for the development of your app. Another vital question you will face is if you need a native app or a cross-platform app. Make your choice carefully because depending on your choice, you will have to make other important decisions related to your app.
- Stage 4: The stage of testing: After developing the app, make sure it runs smoothly. While testing your app you can understand if the app is running properly on the devices. In addition, check if it is capable of solving the end users’ problems. If you find any flaw, you can immediately resolve it when you are testing. Testing is therefore an essential step that cannot be skipped. After all, at this stage, you can understand if your app will meet the needs of your target market.
- Stage 5: Upkeep: Launching an app is not the end of your mobile app development process. It is because you are also responsible for maintaining the app you own. This means you should send updates to your app from time to time. Keep an eye on the feedback that you receive from your users. It gives us a chance to make the necessary changes to the app.
It is not enough to have an app if it is not effective. Therefore, consider the above stages as a guide to creating a successful mobile app. In the end, don’t hesitate to hire a leading mobile app development agency. This will certainly help you build an app that will grow your business.