Last Updated on March 3, 2024 by Ali Hamza
In the past, large hotels had a much easier time with management and data collection tools than smaller hotels. But this type of software is incredibly useful for places with a smaller staff. Fortunately, as technology advances, there are more and more options for small hotels that don’t necessarily have the infrastructure to implement massive software systems.
In today’s blog post, guest blogger Emily Smith gives us his list of the top 10 hotel management apps to help your small business achieve big results.
In a small hotel, a limited staff has to handle versatile tasks. The manager covers back-office and front-office tasks but is often also responsible for online and real-time bookings. It must ensure a perfect experience for every guest.
Huge hotel chains use advanced software to keep everything in order. However, small hotels should not be deprived of tools that allow easy inventory management, reservations and other tasks. There are options that all managers should consider.
WebRezPro is advertised as a full-featured cloud-based system that allows the manager to access data at any time. Core features include:
- Rate management
- Two modern reservation systems
- Easy POS purchases, folio splits, paperless check-in and email confirmation as front desk features
- Performance reports
- Accounting software
- Housekeeping (room occupancy and condition)
The monthly rate is $5 per room. WebRezPro works for hotels of any size. If it is a boutique hotel with 50 rooms, you will come to a price of $250 per month. It’s a reasonable price for high-quality software with such a large capacity.
Setapp is an affordable service that offers curated apps for Mac and iOS. Instead of paying for each premium hotel management app, you get access to all of them for a low monthly membership. All data is cloud-based.
Here are some apps that work for hotel and restaurant managers:
- Embed (boxes for your workflow)
- 2Do (Premium Planning App)
- Pagico (for project and task management)
- BusyContacts (for contact management)
- UctoX (for editing and managing invoices)
The monthly price for Setapp is $9.99 (or $8.99 if you subscribe to annual membership).
3. Oracle Hotel Property Management System
The Oracle system offers several solutions that allow you to design the perfect hotel management app.
- Hotel food and drink
- Hotel distribution
- Central systems (room reservations, central sales and others)
- Opera 5 On-Premise and Hosted (property handling, sales and catering, central reservation system, analytics and several other features)
- Cloud (management of cloud services, reporting and analysis, event processing and sales)
The price is not transparent and depends on the package you want to customize to your needs. You can contact Oracle for more details.
4. Front desk anywhere
A small hotel manager is often responsible for front desk tasks, but cannot be at the desk all the time. The system includes several features that can be customized to your needs:
- Revenue management
- Channel management (you can connect to more than 350 distribution channels)
- Hotel reservation software
- Asset management system
Frontdesk Anywhere offers three plans: Starter, Standard and Pro. The price will depend on the number of rooms your hotel has. For example, the plans cost $80, $120, and $200 per month for 20 rooms.
5. Maestro PMS
It is a specialized cloud solution for small properties. Maestro PMS works as club management, sales, reception and hotel reservation software. These are just some of the features available:
- Retail POS
- Analytical data mining
- Mobile and contactless operation
- Reservation system
- Sales and Catering
- Manage multiple properties
You can create an individual solution and the price will depend on your choice.
6. Mr. Reservation
Mister Booking is popular in European hotels. It’s great for managers looking for a versatile solution. It offers everything they need:
- Automation of payments
- Online advance check-in for guests
- Reservation system
- Integrated channel manager
It is available for chains, individual hotels and bed & breakfast establishments. You will need to contact support to get the price of the package you want.
More than 10,000 small and medium-sized properties use Hotelogix worldwide. The low price is its biggest attraction. But you won’t be disappointed with the features:
- Available in 9 languages
- Automation of front-office tasks
- Intuitive booking table
- Point of Sale system with an unlimited number of stores
- Household cleaning software
The price for separate property is 4 USD per month (the rate changes according to to exchange rates, since the official price is offered in euros).
8. eZee Absolute
eZee Absolute is special because of its loyalty program, but most users choose it because of its mobile hotel management app. It’s great for restaurant management, but it also has other features:
- Centralized credit card center
- Cash center
- Email and SMS marketing
- Guest database and preferences
- Mobile self-service portal for guests
- Meal plans
- Hotel cleaning and more
Prices for one property range from $50 to $118 per month. If you subscribe to an annual membership, you get a discount.
CloudBeds integrates your property into the most popular booking channels. You can enable your guests to book a room via Facebook. These are its features:
- Financial management
- Integration with third-party services and hotel management app
- Revenue management
- Reservation system
You can choose from four tariffs: Essentials, Plus, Premier and Enterprise. The price will be calculated according to the number of rooms you manage.
10. Line for guests
Guestline offers solutions for independent hotels and hotel groups. An efficient support team will help you get the best value out of the tool. These are some of the features you can expect:
- Omnichannel payment for your guests
- Solutions at the point of sale
- Manager of conferences and banquets
- Direct booking manager
- Web Suite
- Channel manager
- Cloud real estate management system
You pay a one-time fee to set up the system and then switch to a monthly fee. You can contact Guestline support for details.
The development and importance of the mobile scene have changed the hotel business and brought new chances to serve its clients. Right now, the hotel management app is the best and most viable answer to connecting more clients and increasing their base.
Any top mobile app development company can help you with your hotel and restaurant booking requirements. Assuming you have a phenomenal idea, let us know and we will turn it into a fruitful and viable hotel booking app that will help your business and generate income.