Last Updated on March 2, 2024 by Ahmed Khan
Sustainable fashion is a growing fashion trend on a planet that is suffering from severe pollution. Every item in the men’s eco friendly clothing promotes environmental and human responsibility. As a result, this environmentally friendly style can make you look stylish and content with what you choose to wear. Let’s find out more details right in the article below!
1. Dugarco – Men’s eco friendly clothing in Vietnam
Dugarco is a well-known Vietnam manufacturing companies. It is also well-known in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia as a popular manufacturer of men’s eco friendly clothing. Each of the factories is a modern manufacturing division of technology that prioritize qualified items that fulfill quality standards and non-polluting manufacturing.
Furthermore, the Dugarco clothing brand has a large number of design professionals. The manufacturing facility has Veston welding equipment as well as numerous systems for automation such as Clo3D, AI, and Adobe. Dugarco also works with a number of well-known global companies such as Strellson, Tom Tailor, and Louis Castel,… The entire garbage is sorted, gathered, and delivered to the industry park’s collection site to be disposed of according to current regulations.
2. How to pick environmentally friendly men’s apparel manufacturers
While the men’s fashion sector is not as advanced as the women’s, it is riddled with issues and falls victim to the same fast fashion faults. Ecological clothing for men’s brands is no different than sustainable women’s clothing firms, and both are critical to a more environmentally conscious future.
2.1. Materials for textiles
Choosing sustainable, natural, or organic materials and textiles is always the best choice. Consider materials with a lower environmental impact, such as organic cotton, modal, ethical wool, and Tencel. Because a sustainable brand must offer garments made of environmentally friendly materials, even if not all clothes are viable, safe and ecologically friendly fabrics for men’s eco-friendly apparel are critical. Here are some commonly used fabrics for men’s eco friendly clothing:
- Cotton that is organic: Cotton may appear clean, yet it is one of the dirtiest fibers on the planet. Organics cotton, on the other hand, is far superior because it is cultivated without herbicides or synthetic fertilizers, and takes a lot less water, area to thrive.
- TENCEL (Modal/Lyocell): Technically, the fibers are known as Lyocell and Modal, and they are manufactured from the pulp from the wood of eucalyptus and beech trees, accordingly. The technique of producing fiber from wood is totally closed-loop and solvent-spinning, which allows for the recycling of 99% of the water used and solvent.
- Organic hemp or linen: Similar in environmental advantages and final fabric to organic cotton, hemp fabric is obtained from the flax plant, while linen is derived from the plant that produces flax.
- Merino wool: It is not vegan and may pose major animal rights concerns. Fortunately, the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS) accreditation and the ZQ Merino mark now assist us in differentiating ethical wool from “happy sheep” from those linked with animal cruelty. Wool has several advantages as a material for clothing and is sustainable.
2.2 Chain of Supply
While the fabric has the greatest impact on the environment, this area examines the social difficulties associated with the clothing industry. Ideally, manufacturers want openness as well as evidence of supply chain control and traceability. Finding authorized brands and third-party auditing firms, which assist prevent the misfortune that is frequent in the sector, is an important element of this process.
- OEKO-Tex Standard 100: This assures that no dangerous chemicals are utilized in production, such as colorants, formaldehyde, toxic metals, or azo dyes.
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS): Requires that all fabrics be farmed and managed organically from “seed to shelf” without the use of herbicides, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, or even machine harvesting.
- B-Corp: By far the greatest certificate because becoming a B-corp is extremely difficult. You must rank extremely high in over 80 “impact areas” and keep these requirements for yearly audits.
Besides, Business Initiative for Social Compliance (BSCI), Worldwide Accredited Manufacturing (WRAP), Social Responsibility International (SA8000), and Fair Wear are some additional prominent certifications.
2.3 Environmentally friendly business practices
Green business practices are ways that a company strives to lessen its negative environmental impact. Recycling industrial materials, clothes recycling schemes, carbon offsets, green power, textile waste, and low-waste or plastic-free packaging are all examples.
This post has given and discussed some facts on men’s eco friendly clothing. While it is conceivable to responsibly build the fashion business in a self-contained manner, it is difficult to discern how corporations accomplish it, and even customers have been misled by the very greenwash.