Do you want to take action to fix your thin hair? The first thing is to consult an expert in dermatology or trichology. They can determine what’s the cause of your hair loss and can suggest treatments that could be appropriate for you. They can suggest treatments such as:
1. Minoxidil (Rogaine). It is a gel or liquid that you apply to your scalp. You can purchase it at a pharmacy without having a prescription. It is possible to use it for a couple of weeks before the hair begins to get thicker. If you grow hair, it will fall out once more in the event that you quit taking minoxidil.
2. Finasteride (Propecia). This prescription medicine can be found in pills that you consume by mouth. You might need to take finasteride over a period of time before you notice results and you’ll lose hair when you discontinue taking the medication.
3. Microneedling. A device that has hundreds of needles that can be applied to your scalp can assist in growing hair in the opinion of the American Academy of Dermatology. According to the site, research suggests that micro needling might be more effective if you apply it alongside other treatments for hair loss. It is possible to purchase any of the devices without a prescription, but you should consult an expert in dermatology before. They will tell you if it’s suitable for you and recommend the best micro-needling device for you.
4. Hair transplant. This kind of procedure could provide long-lasting results. A surgeon will remove individual hairs – or strips of skin that have hairs — from one area of your scalp, and then transplants hairs to bald or thinning areas. The procedure takes between 4 and 8 hours, as per the American Academy of Dermatology. It is important to speak with an experienced dermatologist to determine the best option for you.
5. Laser therapy at a low level. It is recommended the American Academy of Dermatology says studies suggest that this procedure for the scalp could assist with the following ailments:
- Male-pattern hair loss
- Hair loss as a result of chemotherapy
- Growth and healing of hair after a transplant of hair
It is possible that you will need low-level laser treatment several times per week for a few months before you start to notice hair loss.
6. Platelet-rich plasma. Any best hair dermatologist in Mumbai draws a tiny bit of blood from you and then puts it into a machine that is able to separate the plasma from it. Then, they apply the blood plasma to the areas of your scalp where you’re losing hair. The entire process takes about 10 minutes according to the American Academy of Dermatology. Most people undergo the treatment every month for 3 months and then a follow-up appointment every 3 to six months.
Treatment and Prevention of Hair Thinning and Loss
Don’t wait. The earlier you tackle the causes of hair loss the greater the chance treatment options will aid in regrowing hair. Consult a doctor now to start your journey towards a healthier hairstyle.
Also, Read our other blogs